Blog post #9

For my blog post #9 I used artists reflect and artists observe. This project was the enclosed pinch pot and I just got it back for the kiln the second time. During this project I would step back and look at my work and ask if the details were positive to my project. I had to create the top of the pineapple very carefully making sure that it would stay up and not fall over. I bent the the leaves right but I wish that I would have created more leaves making it more full. I got this project back from the kiln the first time after I had smoothed out the entire pineapple with my tools. It looked good but I could have decreased the dents in the middle of the pineapple. I had to move onto glazing it still. I created details by putting  brown criss cross lines on it. Once that came out of the kiln I realized that I could have blended the brown more evenly and put more time into the shape of the lines. For the project all together I should have smoothed out the roughness more and blended the colors better.

One thought on “Blog post #9

1. 3 things I learned from this post is to smooth after the kiln, make even shapes and be able to stay stable, so stuff won’t fall off. Artistic observe is explained when she says “during my project I would step back and look at my work. When making your pineapple did you have trouble having the leaves stay on the top of the figure ?